What are your rights if an officer’s conduct is questionable or inappropriate?
You have the right to file a complaint against a police officer. You should get as much information as possible:-
- Badge number
- Description of car or other vehicle
- License plate number
- Description of officer, i.e. scars, height, weight, etc.
- The names of other witnesses
How do you file a complaint against a police officer?
If you want to file a complaint against the police misconduct or corruption, you should notify the Police Public Relations and Complaints Department by phone, letter or in person. For complaints of unnecessary use of force, abuse of authority, discourtesy, or offensive language, you should notify the Police Public Relations and Complaints Department by phone, letter or in person.
The Royal St.Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force values in partnership with the community we pledge to:-
- Protect the lives and property of our fellow citizens and impartially enforce the law.
- Fight crime both by preventing it and by aggressively pursuing violators of the law.
- Maintain a higher standard of integrity than is generally expected of others because much is expected of us.
- Value human life, respect the dignity of each individual and render our services with courtesy and civility.