During Police Week of Activities 2018, members of the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force in collaboration with members of the business community implemented several community outreach projects in different communities with a view of forging a closer working relationship with the general public. One of the projects that were executed was the renovation of the Community Bath in Redemption Sharpes which was in state of disrepair.
With the help of a few generous friends from the business community, the officers attached to the Police Carpenter Shop along with prisoners from Her Majesty’s Prison and other members of the Sharpes community totally repaired the Community Bath. The roof was repaired with new galvanize sheets; the interior walls of the bath were power-washed, painted and tiled. A double washing sink was constructed on the outside for persons to wash their clothing.
The exterior walls of the bath were adorned with mural paintings to beautify and improve the esthetic of the area.
On Sunday June 17, 2018, the Commissioner of Police will hand over the refurbished Community Bath back to the community at during an officially scheduled to commence at 4:30 pm. Prior to the official handing over ceremony there will be a football match between a Commissioner of Police 11 versus a Sharpes 11 as the lawmen and the residents of Sharpes battle in friendly rivalry; all in the name of Peace, Cooperation and Partnership.
Come and see the Commissioner of Police, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Tyrone “Tiba” Prince and others rumble on the soccer field in a spirit of harmony and community spiritedness.
This community project in “Sharpes” and Police Week 2018 would not have seen the tremendous level of success it did without the cooperation and assistance of members of the general public. Accordingly, as Commissioner of Police, I wish on the behalf of the Police Force to sincerely thanked the undermentioned persons, businesses and organizations who went above and beyond the the call of duty to ensure that Police Week achieved its many objectives:
- Prime Minister, Hon. Dr. Ralph Gonsalves
- Hon. Cecil Mc Kie, Minister of Tourism and Sports, etc
- Mr. Godfred Pompey, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of National Security
- Coreas Distributors
- C.K Greaves Supermarket, Kingstown
- Mr. Leslie Antrobus of L.A Antrobus
- Mr. Douglas Moses of Rockies
- Mr. Cecil “Blazer” Williams
- Hon. Rene Baptiste
- Mr. Joel Providence
- Mrs. Sylvia Jack
- Mr. Philcol Jeffers
- Mr. …..Woodroffe of Select Pasta
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines Electricity Services, (VINLEC)
- Central Water and Sewerage Authority
- Ministry of National Mobilisation
- Bridges, Roads and General Services Authority (BRAGGSA)
- Team Athletics, SVG
- Division of Physical Education and Sports
- Management of the Calliaqua Town Hall
- Officers attached to the Police Carpenter Shop
- Station Sergeant Vernol Warren
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College
- Alex Alexis
- Dane Jack
- Jadiel Foster
- Joanna Adams
- PC 27 Quincy Abraham
- PC 934 Sean Roache
- Police Week 2018 Organizing Committee
- The General Public
The Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force Band will be in concert before and after the events.
A cordial invitation is extended to members of the general public and the media to attend both events.